Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Soon after purchasing my home (which is in a flood zone, but has had no flood claim ever), I received an e-mail from the agent stating that I need to sign and return a "Proof of Primary Residence" form.They charge a MUCH higher rate if the house isn't your primary residence.

So I promptly, filled it out, signed it and sent it back. Two months later, I get the same e-mail. I told them that I returned it. They say they never received it.

So, I filled it out, and sent it back again. Another two months.. same e-mail... same response..

we never received it. So again I fill it out and send it in. Just noticed on my mortgage statement that they STILL charged me the higher "non-primary resident" rate ($1000) higher.

My mortgage payment went up significantly to cover the extra cost.Am letting everyone know, and exploring legal options.

Review about: American Strategic Insurance Flood Insurance.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with American Strategic Insurance?

Comments

Hole In One International - US Hole in One Internet Scam Hole In One International "US Hole in One is an Internet scam claiming outrageous services and products YET works out of an Abandoned building. Since google Maps has serviced US HOLE in ONE can..." Read more Gerber Life Insurance - Unable to close unwanted Gerber Life Grow-Up Plan Gerber Life Insurance "So we saw a commercial for the Gerber Life Grow-Up plan and started filling out an online application. While I was filling out the application, I did some additional research..." Read more Encompass Insurance - Encompass insured ticketted for causing accident. Encompass denies claim! Encompass Insurance "9/17/14 at 1245 PM. Encompass insured driver in a Jeep Grand Cherokee made a lane change without checking to see if a vehicle was next to her. I was in..." Read more Globe Life Insurance - Globe Life is refusing to pay life insurance claim Globe Life Insurance "My husband of 56 years and I immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines to live with my daughter and family, and I became an American citizen soon after. ..." Read more Everbuying - Service has been improved over the year Everbuying "I started shopping at Everbuying 2yrs ago from buying a mobile phone. The 1st experience was very good, express shipping is at reasonable cost. since then I have bought many..." Read more Skechers - Very Poor Product and quality Skechers "I just bought my shoes on 20th Feb'17 in 6500 rupees. Within 6 months cut marks appears which converting on all across . I reported to my nearest place GIP(..." Read more Dish Network - Installed cables on my sidinh Dish Network "My wife was home on the day of our install. The tech ran the cables on the face of our siding along the back of our house down the side,..." Read more General motors is *** me off General Motors "i bought a 2005 silverado 3years ago and it had many many problems that the dealer fixed under warranty. here now in 2017 i had a blower motor RESISTOR FIRE..." Read more