American Strategic Insurance - Roof leak $2977 to repair. ASI never even went in attic to inspect rotten wood then came back with $500 only worth of damage
my home is for sale, potential buyer notices bathroom ceiling caving in.Sure enough I got a roof leak.
Contractor says roof wood rotted, underlay, flashing, shingles and all that needs replaced, bathroom drywall replaced and painted. Cost is $2977 worth of damage. ASI sent someone to inspect damage. He never even bothered to get in the attic to see the damage.
He only went on top of roof and in bathroom. They had the nerve to say only $500 of damage to the ceiling was done. Now I might loose the sale of the home if this repair is not done properly.
I strongly suggest anyone with complaints to file with both the Dept of Insurance and Securites, (disb.dc.gov) and the Better Business Bureau, (BBB.org).I think a class action lawsuit is in need.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Insurance Plans Acceptance|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- American Strategic Insurance Homeowners Policy Claim
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "GEICO SUCKS......I WILL BE IN COURTS WITH THESE MORONS VERY SOON! THEY LIE, THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY, THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY WHEN YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT, OR WHEN..."
- " When I signed up on the Healthcare.gov exchange, luckily I was smart enough to save a pdf copy of the Summary of Benefits on my laptop. Now,..."
- "The Dentists Insurance Company (TDIC) Didn't replace all damaged equipment, remediate mold or pay loss of income to restore water damaged dental practice in Phoenix, AZ. Does TDIC actually..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."